Thursday, 26 January 2012

It's all in the wrist

Well, that's what the say, but in this case it's more all on the wrist.

I've been looking into making some sort of wrist cuffs / bracelets, but I'd like to have the adjustable to try and cater for the majority of customers.

I have very thin wrists, so I tried making a simple leather band with some thonging holding it together with a chinese slip knot ( well, that's what I think it was called ), but once pulled tight to fit my wrist, I just ended up with to much excess thonging dangling around and basically just getting in the way.

I do have a couple of other ideas in mind, so hopefully one of those will work better.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting project. Don't forget piccies when you have mastered it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I'm still having fun and games trying to find a suitable way of finishing the bracelets but not having much luck at the moment :D Hopefully something will come up soon though. Pictures will be posted once I have something worth posting, for now, I shall just ramble on ...

      Delete